Bis is a resource logistics company that provides technology-enabled haulage, materials handling, specialised equipment hire and value chain solutions across Australia. Through the decades, it’s been a pioneering force in driving productivity across the entire mining value chain.
Bis’ success is attributed to its people, the largest fleet of underground specialist equipment, proprietary solutions, and an extensive wealth of industry expertise.
With strong leadership, fresh investment and a clear vision of the future, are you ready to be a part of Bis’ next chapter?
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll manage and lead a large workforce to deliver on customer requirements in a profitable, safe, and efficient manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Actively promoting and embedding a positive safety culture across the workshop, through demonstrated safety leadership and an unwavering commitment to a safe and compliant workplace.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a high-quality team.
- Providing direction, advice, and support to the team and promoting teamwork to accomplish workshop goals.
- Developing and implementing a workshop strategy, with a core focus on effective utilisation of labour and equipment.
- Assisting the Operations Manager to deliver maximum financial returns through effective cost control and reduction of waste.
A role for a true people leader, we’re seeking an experienced Workshop Manager who embodies the following qualities:
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in a similar role with the ability to inspire, mentor and lead a large team.
- Safety Champion: Promoting and embedding a positive safety culture across the workshop.
- Organised: A well organised, methodical approach to planning and resource management.
- Influencer: Excellent communication skills, ability to influence, motivate others.
- Change agent: Promoting workforce lead changes that reduce risk, improve efficiencies, and save money.
- Collaborative: Strong communication skills and an effective collaborator with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Novated leases (vehicles) through SGFleet.
- Medibank private health insurance corporate discounts.
- Income protection with AustralianSuper.
- Paid parental leave (up to 18 weeks’ pay for primary carer).
- Employee referral programs (between $1000 to $2500).
- Corporate discounts on motor vehicle purchases with Toyota (Mackay).
- Corporate discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
If you’re driven, determined to make an impact and ready to write the next chapter of your career, we’re keen to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245 or David Walker on 0425 357 074. To submit your resume, click apply and follow the online prompts.