Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (NCIG) has been connecting coal mines from the Hunter Valley, Gunnedah, Gloucester and Western Coalfields of New South Wales to international coal export markets since 2010. Since then we have become an integral part of Australia’s coal supply chain, generating strong economic benefits for the Hunter Region and New South Wales.
Located on Kooragang Island, just a short drive from some of the most spectacular coastal beaches on the Eastern seaboard of NSW. Our operations include rail, coal storage, ship loading facilities and associated infrastructure which is connected to the Port of Newcastle.
NCIG is an organisation built on people who work together as a team and are committed to continually improving our business as a valued partner in the coal industry and the community in which we operate. Modern facilities and state of the art equipment combined with innovative thinking and a unique culture makes NCIG a safe and sought-after place to work.
We believe that our people are the heart of our business and the key to our success.
About the role:
The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for maximising plant reliability in the short term and asset integrity longer term to ensure service delivery standards can be maintained throughout all stages of the plant life cycle.
A key focus will be on maintaining plant condition, providing technical expertise, and engineering outcomes that uphold our environmental, safety and legal obligations.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Structural Engineer will lead a small group of highly professional and skilled engineers and have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art equipment all within an easy 20 minute drive of Newcastle’s CBD.
- Coordinate the plant asset integrity inspection process, analyse data, and prioritise defects
- Develop design parameters for critical structures and conduct load and capacity assessments
- Conduct detailed structural analysis of plant
- Develop and maintain the systems of work for the management of long term asset integrity
- Provide timely advice on emergent issues and provide leadership of rectification
- Provide advice on temporary modifications and lead failure investigations
- Conceptual and preliminary design of medium to large asset repair projects
- Effectively communicate and engage with the business around the strategic direction and objectives associated with asset related information
- Provide strong technical leadership, mentoring and advice to the members of the Engineering Team.
- Formal qualifications and certification in Structural Engineering
- Current knowledge of applicable legislation
- Experience with Structural Engineering analysis and design, including static and dynamic structures, fatigue sensitive structures
- Familiarity with corrosion management and protective coating systems
- Ability to lead and influence across diverse professional groups
- Ability to write and present reports and other technical documentation to a wide range of audiences
The following would also be desirable:
- Registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer within Australia
- Proven experience in the long term Asset Management of a heavy industrial plant or infrastructure assets and experience with civil infrastructure ie. tunnels, roads, dams
As a valued member of the NCIG team, you will have access to a variety of employee benefits including but not limited to:
- Additional annual leave entitlements
- Annual performance bonus (up to 15% of salary)
- Study assistance
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Gym memberships
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice arrangements
All enquiries must be directed to David Walker on 0425 357 074. To apply, please apply online by following the application links.