Located in the Hunter region, roughly 1 hour from Newcastle, this role will work closely with senior management and provide technical engineering support to various departments within a respected government entity.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer who thrives in challenging environments and wishes to exercise their knowledge and expertise in a senior role.
The Senior Development Engineer will work across a broad range of development issues including the assessment and determination of development applications, works, construction, and subdivision certificates. The ideal candidate will enjoy delivering detailed designs of intermediate/complex projects while engaging with and supporting the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Assess civil design drawings for subdivisions and development projects.
- Ensure subdivisions and developments are constructed in compliance with government standards, polices and planning permits.
- Conduct engineering investigations, carry out site inspections and attend meetings to ensure all subdivision and development works comply with the relevant permit conditions and the approved construction plans.
- Provide expert technical advice at Land and Environment Court hearings and on-site meetings in a clear and productive manner.
- Process and determine subdivision construction certificates and applications.
- Assist in the coordination and development of Order of Magnitude costings for housing delivery to assist with Urban Development Program initiatives.
- Assist management with financial projections and costings for current and ongoing infrastructure work programs.
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Surveying, or another relevant discipline.
- Experience in the design of water quality control facilities, roads and stormwater drainage systems, hydrological and hydraulic computer modelling.
- In depth knowledge of subdivision/urban and rural planning and design principles.
- Highly developed communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the application of Australian standards, guidelines, manuals, and codes applicable to engineering design and construction.
- Experience in assessing or preparing development applications for subdivisions and engineering works.
- Knowledge of innovative environmental management, policies and practices.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent – Full Time position.
- Monday to Friday, 35-hour week.
- Work with experienced professionals in a relaxed team environment.
- Flexible work arrangements available once established in the role.
- Further growth opportunities within the business including training and mentoring.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to Kyle@peterjacob.com.au.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.