This large commercial builder delivers some of the state’s largest and most complex construction projects every year. They pride themselves on their people centric approach to construction management, partnering with sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants to create collaborative team environments that produce high quality projects.
Their reputation and pipeline of work, along with their innovative design and construction methodologies, makes them an employer of choice for high calibre construction professionals looking to further their career in a highly competitive market.
Our client is seeking an experienced and adaptable Safety Advisor to support the delivery of an exciting 12-month project based in the Upper Hunter Valley. Following successful project completion, this individual will have ongoing opportunities within the business to work on local projects in Newcastle and Hunter Valley.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide WHS, injury management and return to work related support, advice, and training across the project and broader business.
- Ensure all staff, contractors and visitors are compliant with relevant policies and procedures, conducting regular site inspections to enforce the use of appropriate PPE and completion of relevant paperwork.
- Coordinate the reporting of incidents, near misses and hazards and ensure timely resolution of all issues that arise, through corrective action and continued monitoring.
- Manage return-to-work related processes and facilitate the rehabilitation of injured workers in accordance with relevant legislation and workers compensation requirements.
- Facilitate and administer WHS training and inductions across the project ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Engage with external stakeholders and regulatory bodies such as SafeWork and StateCover.
- Actively assist in identifying areas for improvement within WHS and provide recommendations that facilitate change.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS, paired with substantial WHS experience (Ideally in a construction and/or project-based environment)
- Qualifications in RTW, auditing or other WHS related courses is advantageous.
- Experience in the development, implementation and use of tailored, site specific WHS systems, policies and processes.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation and regulations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with colleagues, subcontractors and clients.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a strong eye for detail.
What’s on offer:
- High value, unique project based in the Upper Hunter Valley.
- Competitive salary + LAFHA, car allowance and paid accommodation.
- A contractor with an excellent reputation and great project pipeline.
- Ongoing career development opportunities.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592.