McLanahan Corporation is a global provider of process solutions for a variety of industries including mineral processing, aggregate processing, agricultural and many others.
Upholding the highest standards for engineering and manufacturing, their equipment is known for its reliability and long service life. Through passion, innovation and a commitment to exceed customer expectations, they are continuously improving their equipment, designs and processes.
Since 1835, their core values of safety, family and integrity have been at the centre of everything they do.
The Purchasing Officer is responsible for achieving best practice, value driven supplier pricing and delivery outcomes for a range of engineering related parts and commodities. Negotiating directly with suppliers, this individual will ensure that projects can be delivered successfully by liaising closely with the project and inventory management team to maintain adequate stock levels and resolve issues as they arise. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in building and maintaining cooperative, positive relationships with suppliers both nationally and internationally.
- Liaising with the broader business functions including the warehouse and project teams to assess stock needs and provide support on purchasing enquiries.
- Maintain records on supplier pricing and maintenance within company ERP system.
- Facilitate the purchasing process, ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure whilst maintaining cost control in accordance with the project and pricing agreements.
- Prepare RFQ and purchasing tenders, collating documentation and communicating with the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with the contract administration process, monitoring and reporting on stock issues ensuring accurate performance records are maintained.
- Complete monthly purchase order reconciliation and assist with invoice reconciliation.
- Solid experience in a similar role within a project-based or engineering environment (desirable but not essential).
- A Certificate in Purchasing and/or another relevant industry qualification (desirable but not essential).
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using MS Office applications and ERP systems.
- Excellent report writing and data management abilities.
- Key role facilitating project delivery and cost savings.
- Experienced, supportive team who love what they do and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Opportunity for growth and development in a people-oriented company.
- Central location, modern office and free on-site parking.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information on this opportunity, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592.