This government organisation is looking for an experienced project manager to deliver a wide range of civil infrastructure projects across the region.
Initially engaged on a 12-month contract, there is a high probability of contract extension or even the opportunity to move into a permanent role.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for a motivated, flexible, and adaptable project management professional to work as part of a committed and outcomes‐oriented team.
You will be responsible for:
- Design management including preparing consultant briefs, coordinating consultants and resolving any design issues.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting on project programmes.
- Procurement of consultants and contractors including developing tender documents, assessment of responses and awarding of contracts.
- Cost management and reviewing claims, variations to contracts.
- Identifying, documenting and monitoring project risks, effectively managing them through the project lifecycle to reduce exposure to the business.
Engaging with stakeholders including regulatory bodies, project consultants, and contractors, you’ll build strong relationships, develop solutions to complex problems and promote a collaborative environment that drives programmes and gets the best outcomes for the project.
As a professional who thrives in a challenging and progressive environment, you will have the following:
- Degree qualifications in civil engineering, construction management, project management, or surveying.
- Strong experience delivering civil earthworks and infrastructure. projects including subdivisions, roads, drainage and service packages.
- Excellent understanding and experience in cost planning, cost control, forecasting, and contract administration.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and multi-staged projects.
- Highly developed, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative team player who’ll positively contributes to this innovative team culture.
- Thrives in challenging environments, making quick decisions, and thinking outside of the box to solve problems.
- 12-month contract with possible extension or opportunity for permanent employment.
- Excellent employment benefits including flexible working days / hours.
- Great team environment with a very supportive manager.
- Rate negotiable based on previous experience.
To apply, please click the apply now button, or contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245 to discuss further.