This outstanding civil contractor has been delivering high-quality projects for clients in the public and private sectors for decades. Their relationship-driven ethos is what drives their business decisions, creating a collaborative partnership between their team, their clients, and their suppliers to achieve positive outcomes for all.
Due to continued growth across their business, they are seeking a highly motivated and career-driven Project Engineer to join their team here in Newcastle.
Working closely with the Project Manager and Supervisor, you will assist in the day-to-day management of site activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Short to medium-term planning, aligned with the overall construction programme.
- Procurement of all materials and services.
- Assisting in the management of budget and cost control.
- Assisting in Contract administration including assessment of claims and variations.
- Managing quality assurance including all document control.
- Coordinating WHS management and reporting.
- Providing technical engineering advice throughout construction.
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience in a construction role with strong detailed earthworks, drainage, and pavement experience.
- Previous exposure to TfNSW road design and construction standards.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with people at all levels of a project.
- Thrives working in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple tasks at a time.
- Willingness to learn.
This role would suit a Project Engineer who is looking to make the move into Project Management in the coming years, or a Site Engineer looking to take the step up to Project Engineering with a supportive contractor.
- Newcastle based projects.
- A contractor with an excellent reputation and great project pipeline.
- Excellent salary which is negotiable based on previous experience.
- Ongoing career development opportunities.
To apply, please click the apply now button, forward your current resume to email@example.com or call Kyle on 0478 088 245.