We are an Australian exploration and development company focussed on delivering high purity silica sand to a diversified global customer-base. Our Board and Senior Management team offer extensive experience in developing resources projects and together with our shareholders and community we are positioning our company to play its part in the green economy.
Located on the eastern coastline of the Cape York Peninsula, approximately 220 km north of Cairns in North Queensland, the Cape Flattery Silica Project is situated in a region known for its high purity silica sand.
With a 42Mt Reserve of high purity silica sand, the Project is well positioned to support current and projected global demand, driven by increased standards of living and the transition to renewable energy.
With a projected mine life of 25 years and a targeted production rate of 1.35Mtpa, Cape Flattery Silica has the potential to directly contribute to 3.35 billion high quality solar panels.
As the project enters the Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS), we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to provide engineering expertise and input into the project development, (including the Definitive Feasibility Study), from design through to construction.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will assist with the review of all civil, structural and mechanical engineering design during the DFS. You will also contribute to the evaluation of mine infrastructure solutions including non-process, processing and materials handling for the proposed project.
We are looking for a Project Engineer who offers experience in the design, planning and execution of mine construction projects, particularly those containing materials handling and processing components.
Ideally, your background will include:
- Bachelor of Engineering (either Civil/ Mechanical/ Structural)
- Circa 10 years’ post graduate experience across Consulting, EPCM, Contractor or client-side environments
- Minimum 5 years’ field experience in the mining construction industry – client side or main contractor
- Scheduling experience (MS Project or Primavera P6)
- Able to review construction methodologies, design, and logistics processes
- A strong knowledge of conveyors systems, screens, pumps and pipelines
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to work autonomously and within a small team
What we offer:
- Rare opportunity to work in Critical Minerals industry
- Work closely with the General Manager and Executive team, directly contributing to a world class greenfield silica sand project
- Competitive rate reflective of your skills and experience
- Brisbane based role in a newly fitted out office
- Fixed term Contract or Daily/Hourly hire
- Occasional travel to Far North Queensland
More information on the project can be found here. To discuss your interest please contact David Walker on 0425357074. To apply, click on the appropriate link or email email@example.com