Our client is a well-known government entity based in Newcastle in a convenient, central location. They are seeking an experienced contracts professional to facilitate the tendering, procurement and contracts management for a range of high value construction projects.
The Contracts Specialist will partner with stakeholders to provide expert advice and guidance on all things construction procurement. Ensuring that the contracts delivered are commercially sound, effectively mitigating risk to the business while driving continuous improvement across governance and probity.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the tender review process including engaging in negotiations regarding pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- Providing probity advice and support to staff throughout tendering process and assist in contract award.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on contractual issues, potential solutions, and commercial dispute resolution.
- Contract management, ensuring appropriate processes and procedures are being used to manage financial and performance outcomes.
- Supporting contract owners in the monitoring, review and administration of contracts.
- Work with stakeholders to identify ways to continuously improve the businesses approach to procurement, contracts management, probity and governance.
You will have:
- Ideally, you’ll have tertiary qualifications in supply chain, business, law, commerce, or relevant industry experience.
- Strong procurement and contracts management experience, ideally in an engineering, mining or construction environment.
- A solid understanding of contract law and its application within construction contracts.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise, influence and negotiate effectively with a range of stakeholders and build strong and positive working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent opportunity with a business that truly values flexibility and work life balance.
- 35-hour week with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
- Work alongside and learn from an experienced and supportive manager.
- Opportunity for ongoing development and internal opportunities.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592 or Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245