Our client is a growing, Australian owned resources company operating within the Hunter Valley. As they expand their portfolio, the recent establishment of a new mine site has created a role for an experienced contracts specialist to assist in the development and management of a wide range of contracts.
This role will see your expertise put to good use, providing ongoing support to the entire operations whilst assisting in the development of processes and procedures to reduce risk, administrative burden and facilitate a smoother contract management process.
This role provides challenge and diversity, managing the tendering and contract management processes for several complex construction and operational contracts.
- Manage the end-to-end tender process for multiple categories across the organisation
- Creating new contracts ensuring commercial, contractual and performance risks are managed
- Development of necessary, best practice procurement and contract management frameworks, plans and processes
- Contract management, ensuring appropriate processes and procedures are used to manage financial and performance outcomes
- Manage contractor performance to determine the need for extensions or amendments, and compliance with contractual terms
- Build and maintain positive relationships with suppliers / services providers to achieve optimal value and efficiency while mitigating risks
- Engage with internal stakeholders to analyse requirements and develop work scopes and specifications
- Provide recommendations and advice to stakeholders on contractual issues, potential solutions, and dispute resolution
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain, business, law, commerce, or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience, with tendering and contract formation, negotiation of contracts and key contract clauses, relevant industry standards and contract management processes
- Relationship focused with strong communication and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience using Pulse Mining Systems is advantageous
- Experience in a similar role within the mining industry
- Rare opportunity in a developing organisation
- Contribute to the company’s future success
- Work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592 or Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.