Bis is a resource logistics company that provides technology-enabled haulage, materials handling, specialised equipment hire and value chain solutions across Australia. Through the decades, it’s been a pioneering force in driving productivity across the entire mining value chain.
Bis’ success is attributed to its people, the largest fleet of underground specialist equipment, proprietary solutions, and an extensive wealth of industry expertise.
With strong leadership, fresh investment and a clear vision of the future, are you ready to be a part of Bis’ next chapter?
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Business Group Manager, you’ll oversee a large workforce and operations across multiple locations, you will take direct control of labour, facilities, and equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Safety Excellence: Drive safety initiatives to significantly reduce Lost Time Injuries (LTI) while promoting a culture rooted in our core values and desired behaviours.
- Efficiency Focus: Optimize labour resources, reduce cost per square meter, and minimize unit costs (while considering materials outside of our control). Manage capital expenditure to ensure the right tools and equipment are in place.
- Operational Effectiveness: Achieve measurable outcomes within the first 12 months by improving labour, plant, and equipment management. Successfully manage capex/opex budgets, facility utilisation, and operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Leadership Development: Develop your line managers through coaching and mentorship to ensure they meet their performance objectives and align with the company’s long-term goals.
- Growth: Drive growth in Field Service operations within NSW, with potential expansion to Queensland. Explore opportunities to expand our customer base and applications within the tire segment.
A role not for the faint hearted, we’re seeking an experienced Operations Manager who embodies the following qualities:
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in a similar role with the ability to inspire, mentor and lead large workforces.
- Safety Champion: An unwavering commitment to safe and compliant workplace.
- Analytical: A data-driven approach to problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strategic Vision: Ability to envision and drive the future growth and success of operations.
- Change agent: Challenge the status quo and change behaviours.
- Collaborative: Strong communication skills and an effective collaborator with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Commercial: Demonstrate a track record in driving productivity and controlling costs.
- Novated leases (vehicles) through SGFleet.
- Medibank private health insurance corporate discounts.
- Income protection with AustralianSuper.
- Paid parental leave (up to 18 weeks’ pay for primary carer).
- Employee referral programs (between $1000 to $2500).
- Corporate discounts on motor vehicle purchases with Toyota (Mackay).
- Corporate discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
If you’re driven, determined to make an impact and ready to write the next chapter of your career, we’re keen to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245 or David Walker on 0425 357 074. To submit your resume, click apply and follow the online prompts.