About the company:
One of the largest manufacturers and industrial suppliers with national operations and services that extend internationally. Located within just a short drive of Newcastle’s CBD, they are one of the region’s most iconic employers.
About the role:
Embarking on one the largest capital investment programs in recent years, an opportunity exists for a Mechanical Engineer to join their site based team. Working with other engineers, design drafters and the project delivery team, you’ll contribute to equipment layout and configuration, safety improvements, equipment specifications, engineering design and modifications to existing plant.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferably with up to 5 years post graduate experience within a heavy industrial environment
- Experience with engineering design associated with capital and operational improvement projects
- Experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor or AutoCad
- Familiar with FEA, preferably Strand7
- Experience with MathCad
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment that includes design drafters, engineers and project managers
Whats on offer:
- A genuine opportunity to accelerate your career by gaining practical field experience without the long commute
- Be mentored by a highly experienced operational and engineering design team
- Contribute to a major CapEx project
- Long term contract – circa 12 months
- Work life balance, manageable hours and close to Newcastle CBD
- Competitive hourly rate paid weekly and reflective of your experience
Click on the “Apply” link and follow the online prompts or contact David Walker on 0425 357 074 for further information.