About the company:
One of the largest manufacturers and industrial suppliers with national operations and services that extend internationally. Located within just a short drive of Newcastle’s CBD, they are one of the region’s most iconic employers.
About the role:
Embarking on one the largest capital investment programs in recent years, an opportunity exists for a Mechanical/Structural Construction Supervisor to join their site based project delivery team. Reporting to the Project Manager, you’ll work closely with both project and operational teams and oversee work performed by external contractors. The project involves the demolition and removal of heavy industrial infrastructure and significant refurbishment to exisiting industrial buildings.
- A Trade background in Mechanical Fitting or Boilermaking
- A NSW construction White Card
- A demonstrated commitment to safe work and familiarity with safety systems within a high risk environment (mining, smelting, industrial manufacturing, coal handling etc.)
- Experience in the preparation and review of SWMS, JSA’s and Work Permits
- Recent experience within a similar role where you have been responsible for site supervision within a brownfield environment
What’s on offer:
- A unique opportunity to be involved in a significant brownfield CapEx Project close to the heart of Newcastle
- A project that has it all – Demo, Removal, New build – Civil, Structural, Building and Mechanical!
- Long term contract – circa 12 months
- Work life balance, typical hours are M-F 6:30am-3pm
- Competitive hourly rate paid weekly and reflective of your experience
Click on the “Apply” link and follow the online prompts or contact David Walker on 0425 357 074 for further information.