About Bis Industries:
Bis is a resource logistics company that provides technology-enabled haulage, materials handling, specialised equipment hire and value chain solutions across Australia. Through the decades, it’s been a pioneering force in driving productivity across the entire mining value chain.
Bis’ success is attributed to its people, the largest fleet of underground specialist equipment, proprietary solutions, and an extensive wealth of industry expertise.
With strong leadership, fresh investment and a clear vision of the future, are you ready to be a part of Bis’ next chapter?
About the opportunity:
The Inventory & Warehouse Manager is a key leadership role within the underground business unit, responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory and warehouse management.
This role is instrumental in optimising supply chain operations across multiple sites, with a focus on improving service levels and enhancing financial performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Warehouse Management: Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s warehouse facilities. Implement efficient warehouse layouts and storage solutions to fully utilise space.
- Inventory Control: Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory records and implement best practices to minimise stock while maintaining service levels.
- Strategic Vision: Develop and execute strategic plans for inventory and warehousing functions, including short and long-term strategies to minimise waste and improve financial performance.
- Leadership: Provide strong leadership to the team, fostering growth, development, and a culture of excellence.
- Collaboration: Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to enhance service quality, ensuring timely and efficient distribution of parts across sites.
- Safety Excellence: Drive safety initiatives to significantly reduce Lost Time Injuries (LTI) while promoting a culture rooted in their core values and desired behaviours.
This newly created and exciting role presents a unique opportunity for driven leader seeking to make a significant impact and drive positive changes across the business.
- Qualified: Tertiary qualifications in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experienced: Proven track record of successful leadership in inventory and warehouse management.
- Analytical: Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions to reduce costs and drive operational improvements.
- Influencer: Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate when required.
- Commercial: Excellent financial acumen and budget management experience.
- System savvy: Intermediate to advance understanding of Microsoft Office applications, and JD Edwards Enterprise One, or similar ERP solutions.
- Novated leases of (vehicles) through SGFleet.
- Medibank private health insurance corporate discounts.
- Income protection with AustralianSuper.
- Paid parental leave (up to 18 weeks’ pay for primary carer).
- Employee referral programs (between $1000 to $2500).
- Corporate discounts on motor vehicle purchases with Toyota (Mackay).
- Corporate discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental.
- Education assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements.
If you’re driven, determined to make an impact and ready to write the next chapter of your career, we’re keen to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592 or Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245. To submit your resume, click apply and follow the online prompts.