This role is with a respected government entity located in the Hunter Valley, roughly 1 hour from Newcastle.
The role will work closely with the HR Manager, supporting the improvement of HR and Training systems, which will in turn increase productivity and reduce administrative burden across the business.
This is a rare opportunity for a HR professional who thrives in challenging environments and will allow you to directly affect change within the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the HR Manager in designing and implementing HR, Training and L&D systems that aid in the simplification of related processes and procedures.
- Provide Human Resources related support, advice and training across the business, ensuring all employees are confident and compliant with HR systems, processes, policies and reporting requirements.
- Work with the HR manager in conducting an annual skills gap analysis and performance review processes.
- Facilitate and administer training across the business ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Actively assist in identifying areas for improvement within training and development and provide recommendations that facilitate change.
- Liaise with the WHS officer, proactively identifying and mitigating workplace incidents, and general risk through WHS audits and risk assessments.
- Engage with external stakeholders and regulatory bodies such as SafeWork.
- Assist in operational and day-to-day HR activities when required.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources paired with substantial HR experience.
- Qualifications in Training and Assessment or other HR related courses is advantageous.
- Exposure to the HR project environment related to training and compliance.
- Experience in the development, implementation and use of HR systems, processes, policies and related documentation.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of HR legislation and regulations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a strong eye for detail.
What’s on offer:
- Long-term contract.
- Monday to Friday, 35-hour week.
- Work with experienced professionals in a relaxed team environment.
- Flexible work arrangements available once established in the role.
- A diverse role with the opportunity to make significant improvements to the HR function.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org