Our client is an industrial services business with a strong history of delivering a diverse range of quality goods and services across The Hunter and broader NSW. With an unwavering focus on continuous improvement and innovation, they have grown substantially within the last decade by continuing to meet the unmet needs of their customers. With a strong strategic plan in place, a dedicated team of senior leaders and a genuine passion for what they do, this organisation is destined for ongoing success.
As the Group Health and Safety Manager, your role will be focused on the development, implementation, and improvement of HSE policies, practices, and systems, facilitating a culture of safety across the business. This role will suit an experienced Senior Advisor or Manager that believes in taking a pragmatic approach to safety, with the ability to develop wholistic HSE strategy that is best practice and fit for purpose.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring HSEQ policies, procedures and systems ensuring that they adhere to legislative requirements, are fit for purpose and promote a positive safety culture.
- Managing the return-to-work and/or workers compensation process, including the facilitation of the safe return to work for injured workers with tailored plans.
- Ensuring all staff, contractors and visitors are complying with relevant policies and procedures, conducting regular site inspections to enforce the use of appropriate PPE and completion of relevant paperwork.
- Reporting on HSEQ issues, statistics and incidents to the COO and senior management team, providing recommendations for improvement and ongoing development within the HSEQ function.
- Being an empowering and supportive leader to the HSEQ team, fostering an environment of knowledge sharing, continuous improvement and professional development.
- A Cert IV Qualification in WHS is essential, additional qualifications in training, environment or other relevant fields would be advantageous.
- You’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in a HSE Management or Senior Advisor role, ideally in an industrial setting. (manufacturing, mining, construction)
- You have strong analytical skills and a pragmatic, fit-for purpose approach to HSEQ system, policy and procedure development.
- You’re a strong leader, with the ability to mentor, coach and influence people at all levels of a business.
- You’re an ambitious, self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously to meet strict deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Join an established business with a strong reputation, solid pipeline of work and big growth plans for the future.
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in the strategic direction of a business, working alongside an experienced leadership team with the direct support of the COO.
- Negotiable salary package based on experience including a fully maintained vehicle.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to Caitlin@peterjacob.com.au.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592