A privately owned, vertically integrated manufacturing, industrial services, and construction business. Based in Newcastle, they are well known for delivering high quality products and services across the Hunter Region and beyond. Their hard-working, family values, entrepreneurial attitude, and desire to develop innovative solutions for their customers have all been key drivers behind decades of successful growth and diversification.
As the Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager, your role will be focused on the development, implementation, and improvement of HSE policies, practices, and systems, facilitating a culture of safety across the business.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the business complies with all relevant HSE legislation and regulations
- Preparing, implementing, and enforcing HSE policies and procedures that adhere to HSE requirements and mitigate risk
- Conducting regular workplace inspections across all group sites, ensuring all machinery and equipment is safe and fit for purpose
- Ensuring all staff, contractors and visitors are complying relevant policies and procedures including wearing appropriate PPE and completing relevant paperwork
- Reporting on HSE issues, statistics and incidents to the COO and senior management team
- Managing the return-to-work function, including the facilitation of the safe return to work for injured workers with tailored plans
- Ensuring the correct management of all workers compensation claims, processes, and documentation
- Preparing, maintaining, and communicating emergency response procedures, tailored to suit various sites and teams
- Analysing the businesses current practices and providing recommendations on potential areas for improvement and development within the HSE function
- You have a minimum Cert IV Qualifications in WHS
- Additional qualification in training, environment or other relevant fields would be advantageous
- You’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in a HSE Management role ideally in an industrial setting. (manufacturing, mining, construction)
- You have an in-depth knowledge of relevant, industry specific, HSE legislation
- You have strong analytical skills and a pragmatic, fit-for purpose approach to HSE system, policy and procedure development
- You’re a strong leader, with the ability to mentor, coach and influence people at all levels of a business
- You’re self-motivated and can work autonomously, meeting strict deadlines when required
- You’re an ambitious, highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail
- Join an established business with a strong reputation, solid pipeline of work and big growth plans for the future
- This is an opportunity to play a key role in the strategic direction of the business working with the senior leadership team, with direct support of the COO.
- A role that will provide complexity and variety, where no two days are the same
- Negotiable salary package based on experience including fully maintained vehicle
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to Caitlin@peterjacob.com.au or Kyle@peterjacob.com.au
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Caitlin Howard on 0408 549 592 or Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.