ATB Morton are a privately owned, vertically integrated manufacturing, industrial services and construction business, well known for delivering high quality products and services across the Hunter Region and beyond.
Their hard-working, family values, entrepreneurial attitude and desire to develop innovative solutions for their customers have all been key drivers behind decades of successful growth and diversification.
The newly created role of Group Contracts & Procurement Manager will join the senior management team and work across the ATB Group of businesses including ATB Morton (Construction), CIA Precast & Steel, Hunter Galvanizing, Redicrete, Redisand and Anvanciv.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity in the Newcastle region for an experienced, innovative and passionate procurement and contracts professional to develop a holistic procurement strategy and set of policies and procedures that will improve operational performance, reduce commercial risk and improve profitability across the ATB Group.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, you will:
- Review the existing procurement and contract function performance.
- Engage with business managers to discuss supplier performance, existing buying procedures and opportunities for improvement.
- Review existing category performance including energy, raw materials, waste management, consumables, capital equipment, maintenance and construction services.
- Develop a group level contracts and procurement strategy with core goals and targets.
- Develop and implement fit for purpose policies, procedures, systems and processes that reduce risk, cost and support the procurement strategy.
- Lead and support procurement activities for the business including development of tenders, submission evaluation, negotiation, stakeholder approval, contract award and execution.
- Engage and consult with Business Managers and the Senior Management team to ensure all contracts and agreements are fit for purpose, meet the needs of each business and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Management of the group CRM, providing insights and plans to improve visibility of supplier/category performance and spend.
- Ongoing contract management including review of supplier performance, spend, quality and conflict resolution.
- Develop reports for the senior management team that outline performance, budget vs spend, and productivity of the group.
- You’ll have proven experience in a similar role ideally in a manufacturing, industrial, mining or construction sector.
- You’ll have strong experience negotiating and preparing appropriately drafted contracts for execution and implementation.
- You’re a people person who builds strong working relationships with customers and suppliers and is able to engage and influence people at all levels of a business.
- You have a strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks based on the importance to the business and its targets.
- You’re a champion of change who will promote innovation across all businesses.
- You’re committed to WHS and instil a zero-harm ethos across the business.
- You’re measured, professional and thrive in fast paced, agile environments.
- Join an established business with a strong reputation, solid pipeline of work and big growth plans for the future.
- This is an opportunity to play a key role in the strategic direction of the business working with the senior management team, with direct support of the COO.
- A role that will provide complexity and variety, where no two days are the same.
- Negotiable salary package based on experience including fully maintained vehicle.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to Kyle@peterjacob.com.au
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.