About the company
Throughout its 40-year history, this organisation has developed an enviable reputation as a leader in the building and construction sector, known for delivering a wide variety of outstanding commercial and residential projects across the region.
Here in Newcastle, they have an established team of local professionals well networked across the region and due to continued growth, are looking for an experienced Estimator to join their team. You will be working on a variety of projects within the Commercial, Residential as well as Education sectors.
As the Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing tender documentation and developing bid strategy
- Preparing timely and accurate quantity take-offs
- Developing sub-contract tender packages
- Collating prices to formulate bid submissions
- Liaising with project teams and directors to review the final submission
- Supporting post-tender negotiations, development of budgets, and handover to the project team
- When required, prepare budget estimates based on preliminary sketches
- Confidence to deliver high-quality submissions that will deliver projects
- 3-5 years prior estimating experience in commercial construction preferred
- Excellent commercial acumen with an eye for detail and the ability to influence those around you
- Methodical approach to your work with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify new project opportunities
- Positive and proactive person who can contribute to the Company/Office culture
- Newcastle based company
- One of the regions most recognised and respected contractors
- Salary negotiable based on previous experience
- Opportunity to price and win some large commercial projects
- Join a team that will respect and value your contribution to the business
To apply, please click the apply now button or contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245 or Shannon Keighran on 0423 453 676 to discuss further.