An industry leader in Australian manufacturing, this highly respected organisation provide bespoke engineered products across a broad range of industries. They have a rich and proud history for delivering value and innovation through cost effective and custom solutions that are relied upon by key industries, Australian made and compliant with international quality standards.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key contributor in the design and manufacture of custom products that meet customer expectations and are delivered on time and within budget. Demonstrating strong leadership of people, you’ll lead the engineering function across multiple locations. At a strategic level, you will play an integral role with the senior leadership team supporting business improvement initiatives. A catalyst for continuous improvement, you’ll drive efficiencies that support sales, engineering and production.
This role will suit an experienced Engineering Manager with a track record of managing engineering teams of 20+ within a manufacturing environment.
Additional skills and attributes required:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate studies such as an MBA, or in Leadership/Project Management advantageous
- Proven track record in managing engineering and project delivery teams that meet budgets and timeframes – project management experience would be favourable
- Current or previous experience in the manufacturing sector, ideally working for an OEM that involves fabricated items
- A people person, a builder of teams and a supportive manager who has driven process improvements within engineering
- A decision maker with strong commercial acumen
- Interesting and varied projects with
- Autonomy, a flat management structure with direct reporting to the CEO
- Newcastle based with some state and interstate travel
- Competitive remuneration package including a fully maintained company vehicle
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to email@example.com