At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. More family time, with paid parental leave, flexible working arrangements and purchased leave programs to give you the work life balance you’ve always wanted. More development opportunities, with in house RTO’s, access to your own guided learning platform and a range of pathways to help you steer your career in the direction of your dreams. More diversity, with over 4,000 team members with a tonne of differences, united by our passion for building a better tomorrow. As an industry leader and employer of choice, we’re Made for More.
ABOUT THE ROLE
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships with a rich history of supporting thousands of customers across the mining and construction industries in Australia.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team in our facility in Tomago NSW. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the design and development of certified, safe and legally compliant Engineered Solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Creation of approved engineered designs/solutions that are compliant with industry standards.
- Analysing and consulting with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and create designs that fulfil technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Creation, maintenance and adherence to required documentation including:
- engineering analysis, design calculations and drawings
- verification plans, test procedures and reports
- quality documents and manufacturing packs
- electrical schematics and harness diagrams
- engineering and quality assurance procedures
- compliance, safety and risk assessments
- Functional Safety Analysis Assessments
- Providing engineering support to the broader business, both low voltage and high voltage.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Min 3-5 years post qualification experience within an engineering position in a heavy industry/industrial environment.
- Experience with CAD Software with the ability to produce electrical schematics using AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Proven ability to produce manual design calculations.
- Experience in producing professional engineering documentation in line with Australian and International design standards and guidelines.
- Familiarity with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Experience conducting safety and risk assessments with a focus on ensuring safety is a priority.
- Experience with Low Voltage vehicle electrical systems.
- Experience with High Voltage systems for mobile plant.
- Experience with mining machinery and vehicle design (desirable).
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
- Good time management skills.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- Free onsite parking
- Purchased leave program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fitness passport for the whole family
- Paid parental leave
HOW TO APPLY
Does this role appeal to you? Do you want to join a progressive company with a fantastic reputation with clients and employees?
Click “Apply” to submit your resume.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact David Walker on 0425357074 or Cherie Bray on 0438525665.