This is a great opportunity for an experienced contracts expert to join this national business here in the Newcastle region. You will take ownership of the entire supply function for this large operation, collaborating with managers across the site to achieve commercial and operational objectives through best practice procurement and contract management.
The business offers a wide variety of benefits including competitive salaries, short term incentive programs, health & wellbeing memberships and relocation assistance.
As the Procurement & Supply Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of professionals across the procurement, inventory and warehouse management functions. This will include developing 360 degree supply chain strategies for the operation to drive performance in each silo, maximising efficiencies, whilst minimising risk to the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the end-to-end procurement process for all categories across the organisation including larger spends like labour hire, fuel, equipment acquisition/leasing
- Negotiating and executing contracts ensuring commercial, contractual, and operational risks are evaluated and mitigated
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative, industry codes of practice and conduct and company standards throughout all aspects of procurement
- Developing a systematic approach to reviewing each categories performance
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing support to the team including training and mentoring, assisting in resolving issues and promoting thought leadership across the supply function
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain, business, law, commerce, or relevant industry experience
- Previous experience managing a diverse team of experts across procurement, inventory and warehouse management
- Previous experience in a similar industry including energy, mining, construction or manufacturing
- Strong procurement and/or contracts administration experience, managing the end-to-end tendering and award process
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Permanent position with a competitive remuneration package including bonus
- Flexible work/hybrid arrangements available
- Work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals in a positive team environment
- Relocation assistance if required
- Additional health and wellbeing benefits
To take advantage of this great opportunity click the apply now button and upload your most recent resume.
If you have any further questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.