ABOUT THE COMPANY
An opportunity is available for an experienced or developing contract administrator who is looking to continue their career development with an established local builder here in Newcastle. Delivering a wide variety of commercial and industrial projects, you work as part of a large team who deliver some of the regions most recognised projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be both office and site based, including managing tenders, contract management and cost control, as well as being based on site a couple of day a week assisting in the supervision of construction.
This is a rare role that will not only give you the commercial skills you need to move into project management but will give you valuable exposure to the construction process by being involved in the supervision of civil, structure and fitout work.
Key tasks & responsibilities will include:
- Tender preparation, submission review, and assessment
- Negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Reviewing variations, assessing, and processing claims
- Project cost reporting
- Coordinating trades on site
- Ordering materials and equipment
- WHS and QA management
- Qualifications in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related discipline
- You’ll have some experience in a contract administration or site engineer role
- You’re highly driven, keen to learn with excellent communication skills
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You’re a team player who thrives in changing environments and is passionate about the building sector
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Work with a construction manager who is enthusiastic about the training and developing people in the building industry
- A fantastic hybrid role offering a wholistic knowledge approach to your development
- Work with a supportive and experienced leadership team genuinely invested in your success
HOW TO APPLY
Click “Apply” to submit your resume. For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245