A reputable contractor who is a leader in their field with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality commercial projects throughout Newcastle, Hunter and Sydney regions. Lead by an experienced management team who foster a partnership approach with clients and a genuine commitment to developing their employees.
They are currently seeking a highly motivated, engaging and pragmatic Commercial Manager to join their team and assist in delivering strong contract/legal, financial and project outcomes across the business.
You will work closely with the General Manager to review company performance and develop strategies to maximise profit and minimise risk to the business. This includes managing monthly and quarterly P+L, managing balance sheets and forecasting company performance based on project pipeline and performance.
You will assist the project and estimating teams to ensure commercial risks are mitigated or managed during the tender process and assist in development of procurement strategies where required.
You will work closely with projects teams conducting regular monthly reviews of project performance & cost plans, assisting in resolving disputes with sub-contractors, suppliers and clients where required.
As part of the senior management team, your input into the business’s performance will be critical and your ability to communicate with people clearly and concisely at all levels of the business will be vital.
You will thrive in fast paced environments that requires you to think on your feet, adapt quickly and resolve issues in a logical and timely manner. This is a unique role that manages both project performance and business finances and provides and exciting challenge for someone who is passionate about the construction industry.
- A commercial manager with finance, legal or construction management qualifications.
- You’ll ideally have experience in a construction, industrial or engineering environment and understand the intricacies of delivering construction projects in the current economic climate.
- You’re a people person who is adaptable and can tailor your message to suit a range of audiences.
- You’ll have strong contract law knowledge and be able to resolve commercial and performance issues in a timely manner.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a solution-focused attitude towards problem-solving
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to get the best out of your team
- Central location with flexible working conditions.
- One of the regions most recognised and respected builders
- Additional employment benefits including additional annual leave
- Salary negotiable based on previous experience
- Join a business that will truly value your contribution to the business and who offers opportunities for personal growth
This is a standout opportunity and one not to be missed. Apply now or to learn more contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.