A privately owned, vertically integrated manufacturing, industrial services and construction business. Based in Newcastle, they are well known for delivering high quality products and services across the Hunter Region and beyond. Their hard-working, family values, entrepreneurial attitude and desire to develop innovative solutions for their customers have all been key drivers behind decades of successful growth and diversification.
A review of the existing senior leadership structure paired with future growth opportunities has led to this newly established position of Chief Operating Officer to lead the group’s operational performance and strategic execution.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a large team across multiple business units including the corporate services function.
- Executing business strategies and promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Carrying out market analysis to identify growth opportunities and implementing strategies to take market share.
- Engaging with suppliers and customers to identify areas for improvement, with customer experience and satisfaction at front of mind.
- Establishing, reviewing, and maintaining strong systems and processes across the business.
- Using tools available to report, measure and control resources, production performance and cost.
- Possess current or previous experience in a senior leadership position within manufacturing or industrial services sectors.
- Hold tertiary qualifications in business, engineering or a related post graduate qualification will be highly regarded.
- Experience in driving change and promoting innovation in businesses.
- Be a strong people manager, who fosters cross team collaboration.
- Have a strong commercial acumen with experience managing P+L and reporting.
- Be committed to WHS and instil a zero-harm ethos across the business.
- Be measured, well organised and thrive in fast paced, agile environments.
- Salary negotiable based on previous experience and commensurate with C-suite responsibilities.
- A business with a strong reputation, solid pipeline of work and an established team with excellent tenure.
- Opportunity to play a key role in the strategic direction of the business and influence growth and performance.
- Supportive MD who’s passionate about innovation and the growth of the business.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245, or David Walker on 0425 357 074.