ABOUT THE COMPANY
This is an incredible opportunity to get a foot in the door with a Newcastle based, custom home builder who have a great pipeline of projects across the region.
This company has built their reputation through hard-work, commitment and consistently delivering high-end, quality projects. While they are passionate about exceeding the expectations of their clients, they value work life balance and seek to create an outcomes driven environment.
To support their strong pipeline and continued growth, they are seeking an eager Cadet to join their experienced team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director and Project Coordinator, this role will support to end-to-end delivery of custom built, high-end homes in the Newcastle Region. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the complexities of residential construction, in an environment where no two projects are the same.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the development of tender packages and the procurement of sub-contractors and materials.
- Contract Administration, including executing contract claims and variations and resolving performance issues.
- Engage with sub-contractors and support the co-ordination of daily site schedules.
- Monitor cost control and program management to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Any other administrative tasks to support the Project Manager and Coordinator, enabling efficient project delivery.
This role is well suited to a student currently studying a Bachelor of Construction Management or recent graduate looking for a foot in the door within the industry. This individual will have a keen interest in residential construction, be eager to learn and thrive when working in a team and autonomously.
- Degree qualifications in Construction Management or currently working towards.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop relationships and ask appropriate questions to gain understanding.
- Motivated to develop your career and a passion for the construction industry.
- Personable, inquisitive and mature enabling you to build strong working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and supervisors alike.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
This role will give you exposure to the construction sector and the opportunity to apply the knowledge gained from your studies in an environment where growth and development is celebrated. Be involved in projects from start to finish, supporting all stages of the program.
- Great company culture with a supportive Director.
- Flexibility to work around your studies including a 4-day work week if required until completion.
- Join a team that will respect and value your contribution to the business.