A privately owned, vertically integrated manufacturing, industrial services, and construction business. Based in Newcastle, they are well known for delivering high quality products and services across the Hunter Region and beyond.
Their hard-working, family values, entrepreneurial attitude, and desire to develop innovative solutions for their customers have all been key drivers behind decades of successful growth and diversification.
As the Operations Manager for this large precast business, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the business, leading change and promoting a culture of continuous improvement that will result in the increased profitability of the operation.
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, responsibilities include:
- Establishing, reviewing, and maintaining clear goals and systems for the business.
- Evaluating business performance and recommending new strategies to increase market share and profitability.
- Mapping your market, identifying new growth opportunities and capitalising on relationships with existing customer.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and maintaining a culture of customer service excellence.
- Developing and monitoring of budgets, identifying cost-saving measures and assigning accountability for profit and losses.
- Managing and coordinating workers, resources, and program to deliver the products to the highest quality standards.
- Supporting, mentoring and elevating the capability of the team to improve production output, while minimising risk and improving engagement.
- Promoting a safe, positive work environment that aligns with the business’ WHS objectives and complies with relevant WHS legislation and regulations.
- An experienced leader who has a passion for safety, quality, people and continuous improvement.
- Previous experience managing large manufacturing businesses, ideally within the precast or building materials industries.
- Good business acumen, tendering experience, P&L experience, and strong customer service skills.
- Trade background or tertiary qualifications in engineering, or a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and credibility with customer and suppliers.
- A strong leader, with the ability to mentor, coach and influence people at all levels of a business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Join an established business with a strong reputation, solid pipeline of work and big growth plans for the future.
- This is an opportunity to play a key role in the strategic direction of the business working with the senior leadership team, with direct support of the COO.
- A role that will provide complexity and variety, where no two days are the same.
- Competitive salary package based on relevant experience including fully maintained vehicle.
To apply, please click the apply now button or forward your current resume to Kyle@peterjacob.com.au
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Kyle Archibald on 0478 088 245.